Sunday, July 31, 2005

Bench blogging

I couldn't think of anything witty or profound to post tonight, so I thought I'd do some bench blogging. Not the kind of bench that's being covered in the Dread Justice Roberts debate.....I'm talking reloading benches. C'mon in and take a look around my reloading room.


This is the view from the entrance. Shotgun reloading on the left, rifle and pistol on the right, workbench straight ahead.



The view to the left...


and to the right.



The shotgun bench:


This is where I've spent most of my free time for the last few weeks. Those are MEC Sizemaster reloaders, 20 gauge on the left, 12 gauge on the right. Wads are stored on the shelf below, empty hulls on the left of the shelf and the box to the right. Shot is stored underneath.



Where I'll be for the next few weeks:

I'm dangerously low on .45 and .223 (only a few thousand of each) and I'm out of .308, so I need to spend some serious time at this bench. That's a Lee Pro 1000 on the left and a Lee single stage on the right. Rifle bullets are along the back of the bench, bulk pistol bullets on the shelf to the right. Spare parts and extra bushings for the MECs are on the pegboard along with bullet molds and frequently used tools.


If ya' shoot 'em, you gotta clean 'em.

The cleaning and maintenance bench. Cleaning supplies and assorted stuff are stored on, around, and under this one.


Inside the cabinets:

Powder, primers, dies, and other stuff.


Here's a couple of shotgun shells...

3,000 20 gauge, 7,500 12 gauge. Enough for about 3 months. I'll have to start reloading shotgun shells by Halloween at the latest.


Empty brass:

Clean on the top shelf, dirty on the bottom. The empty bucket is supposed to be full of clean .45 brass.....looks like I have some cleaning to do before I can start loading over here.


A few magazines:

This is one of six drawers full of the various and sundry impedimentia required to keep 3 shooters occupied. Yes, the '39' visible on the 20 round AR-15 magazine means that magazine is number 39. All of the magazines are numbered so that any malfuctions can be traced and repaired quickly.


The 'working storage' shelf:

This is the 'grab it and head for the range' shelf. Bulk storage is behind the shotgun shells. If you want to see it, you have to move the damn shells.


As you might have guessed, I spend quite a bit of time here. How do I get away with it? That's easy: my wife has a scrapbooking area the same size on the other side of the room. She does her thing, I do mine. Even though we have different hobbies, we still get to spend time together while we enjoy them.


Maybe next time I'll open up the gun cabinets...........

_

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random