Monday, July 25, 2005

Quit moping

A few days ago I received an email from Kirk at Fun turns to tragedy! telling me to get off my dead ass and post something. Kirk…..you’re right. I’ve been wallowing in self pity all summer and haven’t gotten much done at all.

So, here I sit, "Fade to Black" blasting in the headphones, wondering where to start on catching up.

"Emptiness is filling me, to the point of agony"……..wow. Even my choice of music has gotten maudlin this summer. A quick check of the playlist reveals the following uplifting choices:

.45 by Shinedown – "Swimming through the ashes of another life"
Broken by Seether – "Because I’m broken when I’m lonesome"
When I Call Your Name by Vince Gill – "Nobody answered when I called your name"
In Pictures by Alabama - "It hurts me so, to watch my girl grow up in pictures"
They Rage On by Dan Seals – "She’s lost her youth, and he’s lost his dreams"
The Bluest Eyes in Texas by Restless Heart – "The bluest eyes in Texas are haunting me tonight"
Prayer by Disturbed – "Living just isn’t hard enough, burn me alive inside"
At the Sound of the Tone by John Schneider – "At the sound of the tone you’re on your own, goodbye"
One by Metallica – "Hold my breath as I wish for death, oh please God wake me"
The Road to Nowhere by Ozzy Osbourne – "Could it be a dream, the road to nowhere leads to me"
Close my Eyes Forever by Lita Ford and Ozzy – "If I close my eyes forever, will it all remain the same"
Cemetery Gates by Pantera – "I guess you took my youth and gave it all away"
Hallelujah by Rufus Wainright – "Love is not a victory march, it’s a cold and it’s a broken hallelujah"
Outside by Staind – "Inside you’re ugly, ugly like me"
Angel by Sarah MacLachlan – "Everywhere you turn there’s vultures and thieves at your back"
That’s My Job by Conway Twitty – "Everything I do is because of you, to keep you safe with me"

Jesus…..listening to stuff like that it’s amazing I haven’t thrown myself in front of a bus. Turn that shit off and write something.

_

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random