Monday, July 25, 2005

Turning money into noise

I finally went out and did some shooting of my own a few weeks ago, spending the weekend in Prescott and shooting at the Prescott Trap and Skeet Club. Prescott is much nicer then Phoenix this time of year, with the highs only in the high 90’s. I shot 2 singles events on Saturday, scoring back to back 94/100’s. Sunday I shot one doubles event, scoring 93/100, and one handicap event scoring 92/100. I’m not quite back to my old level, but then again that old level was when I was 19 years old and shooting twice a week. Now I’m 35 and shoot once a month if I’m lucky.

The reflexes aren’t quite what they used to be.

Never fear though…..age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. It’s become apparent that it’s time to step the equipment up a notch and take advantage of the technological advances of the last 20 years instead of relying solely on my personal ability. I’m still shooting the same BT-99 that I was using in the late 80’s – no backboring, standard forcing cone, non-ported, fixed choke, straight comb. Typical 1985 tech. I’m not going to run out and buy a new Kreighoff, but I think it’s about time to send the old Browning off for a little work to help the old man along. I’ll let you know what I decide to do.

I’m also going to start making time for myself to practice after the kids shoot each week. That will probably help more than anything.

_

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random