Friday, July 29, 2005

Turtles

I'm taking care of my son's turtles while the kids are gone for the summer. There are only two and they are quite small....I can hold both in the palm of my hand. Last weekend I needed to clean out their tank, so I called Nathan and asked how he did it. He thought it was really neat the Dad was asking him how to do something (that's why I called) and gave me an exceptionally detailed list of things I had to do. One of his instructions was to put the turtles in the flower bed while I cleaned the tank. Without really thinking about what I was asking, I said "Don't they try to run away when you put them down?"

There was a short moment of silence while both of us considered the awesome intellect behind such a question, then Nathan hit me with this gem:

"Dad....they're turtles. Even you can catch them."

__

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random