Saturday, September 10, 2005

Explanations

Earlier today, my daughter asked me what I thought about the New Orleans gun confiscations. I was in a chatty mood, and I'm afraid that she got a little more than she bargained for. I spoke for almost 3 hours. I spoke of the slippery slope, of sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. I spoke of bread and circuses, and the Dream That Was Rome. I spoke of how those that are in power do not work for the good of the people, they work to remain in power. I spoke of Ruby Ridge and Waco, gulags and concentration camps. I spoke of jihad and the Crusades. I spoke of Leonidas of Sparta and Horatio at the bridge. I spoke of Patriots and Tyrants, of states' rights, federalism and barbarism. I spoke of the birth of the United States and of how I see it dying. I had her get copies of the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights....and compare them to today's newspaper.

Then she asked why she wasn't being taught any of this in school, and I began speaking again..........

__

Comments:
She may have gotten more than she bargained for, but not nearly enough for what she needs. Keep leading her, and she will one day lead her children...
 
Excellent post this one... You spurred me to make a post of my own (with the limited time that I have available until the end of next week).

K
 
Excellent post, Len. You're a great Dad. She will be way ahead of her peers. :)
 
LMAO. I do that to my Dad all the time, but I know what I'm getting into. I expect your daughter does too, if you make a habit of such rants. They really are quite helpful. I attend a 99.9 percent liberal school and the facts my Dad pours into me to counteract the propoganda I'm exposed to is extremely helpful :)
Congrats, way too few Dads take that time. I've always been quite thankful that my Dad is always willing to talk about politics or political issues with me for hours on end, even with my ignorance as part of the equation.
 
It is a good thing that you did spoke to a lot of people. Opinions do vary and you may never arrive at a conclusion. The best thing you did was to consult people who are credible and knows about the situation.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random