Monday, October 31, 2005

More KaBoom

I've been receiving quite a few emails and comments asking for more information about the KaBoom described below. I don't know the cause of the kaboom. I can guess, but that's all it is.....a guess. I did some quick checking on the Vihtavouri website, and IF the powder and charge weights written on the shells are correct it would seem that all of the loads were in the normal "safe" range. That's a big IF, though. It's possible that the reloader mixed up his powders and may have used N160 instead of N560, or something of the sort. I don't know. I wasn't there when the ammo was loaded.

My opinion? I think that is was a SEE - a secondary explosion effect. This is just a guess, though. The crystal ball is cloudy today. I've been told that the rifle is being sent to Browning for analysis. If I get any more info, I'll post it.

_

Comments:
I believe that handloads negates any action by Browning. There are just too many varibles for them to even hazard a guess.

I hope you do post anymore info that you get regarding this KaBoom, however.

Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random