Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The future

Gun writers, both MSM and Bloggers, frequently choose "the future of the sport" as a topic. Lots of people talk about it, some write about it, I'm working on it.

I have seen the future of our sport. It's called the Scholastic Clay Target Program. The last ATA registered trapshoot I attended had 43 shooters....including myself and my two kids. My copies of the monthly skeet and sporting clays periodicals list competitions with even fewer shooters, including one with only 5! Last weekend the Arizona SCTP had it's first "fun shoot" of the year, and 146 kids showed up to shoot!!!!!!

As usual, the Buckeye Buckshots were there. There are few things in this world more enjoyable for me than to see a bunch of farm kids in muddy boots whip up on the pretty city boys.




The kids took home 10 trophies, including 2 first place age-group finishes! Woo Hoo!

_

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random