Friday, June 16, 2006

Gardening

For the first time in my life, I am growing a garden. Up until recently I thought it was just a big pain in the butt, but now that the plants are bearing fruit I've been forced to change my mind. The potatoes were ok....not really different from store bought potatoes....but the zucchinni is to die for. Tonight I had fresh picked zucchinni (5 minutes from the plant to the skillet), sauteed in olive oil with onions and garlic, seasoned with oregeno, basil, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Absolutely amazing!

The jalapenos and anaheim peppers are almost ready to harvest, the corn should be ready in another week or two, and tonight I found my first watermelon hiding under one of the corn stalks. Good eats comin'!!

_

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random