Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Carlson's choke tubes....patterning



Last Sunday I began the process of patterning Nathan's Citori with the new Carlson choke tubes. I shot 26 patterns, so I'm going to be counting itty-bitty holes for quite a while. Here are the first set of pattern stats for my standard 1 ounce load of #8 shot:

Modified : 256 pellet strikes 62.5%
Improved Modified : 284 pellet strikes 69.4%
Full : 286 pellet strikes 69.9%
Extra Full : 289 pellet strikes 70.6%

Not much difference in the top 3 chokes, huh? This is without any load development for this particular gun....this load is the one I use for 16 yard singles in my BT-99.

When I get the other patterns counted I'll publish the rest of the data.

_

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random