Tuesday, August 01, 2006

New toy

This is why I haven't posted much for the last few days:



Welcome to The Grand by RCBS.

As always, there is a story behind any new acquisition. One of my shooting buddies recently upgraded from this machine to a Spolar Gold. He sold the press to another of my shooting buddies who used it for a few weeks and then realized that the green press clashed with his "all blue" reloading room. That shooting buddy upgraded to a Dillon SL 900 last weekend and sold the RCBS press to me for $200. Such a deal!

Both of my buddies pooh-poohed this press because it will only load about 400 rounds per hour. Considering that I've been using a 100 round per hour MEC Sizemaster for the last 20 years, the new RCBS seems just fine to me. {grin}

I haven't gotten rid of the MEC, but I think it will be retired to load development and short runs of hunting loads. I've loaded more in the last few days just playing with the RCBS machine than I did in the last two weeks on the MEC. Woo-H00! More time to circle and count little holes......

_

Comments:
Nice and a sweet deal. I don't reload shotgun ammo but I have an RCBS Ammomaster progressive press I use for pistol and some rifle reloading. RCBS has been real good to me, replacing small parts free with no questions asked.
 
4freeonlinecreditreport.com

credit dispute report, credit free one report time,
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random