Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Here again, gone again

I apologize for my extended absence......things have been rather busy around here lately. I hope both my readers had a good Thanksgiving with their families. We had Thanksgiving twice - once with 22 friends (60 pounds of turkey!!) and a second time with just our immediate family. A good time was had by all.

I finally got a chance to hit the range again with my Boomershoot rifle, a mere 8 months after starting the barrel break in. This time I had an assortment of handloads to try out instead of surplus junk. The average center-to-center group size for the day was .776 inches, with a best group of .396 and a worst of 1.047. This is with "starter" level handloads, though. Three kinds of powder and 5 different bullets, all loaded to SAAMI overall lengths. I'm going to take the top two performers (average group sizes .483 and .595) and do some further experimentation. I'll let you know how it works out..........

_

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Arizona Bloggers Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random